South Carolina Reciprocal Membership Program
My Y is Now Every Y in South Carolina
The Y movement is for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
We want to encourage members to utilize the Y as often as they can. Sometimes, it’s more convenient for members to utilize a Y in a different location when traveling, near a workplace, or in another region.
Now, Metro/Hartsville members have the flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the state, at no extra charge.
HOW IT WORKS
Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access.
RECIPROCAL MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
- The Reciprocal Membership Program is valid for Metro/Hartsville members only.
- Visitors to other Y’s must present a valid YMCA membership card and photo ID upon their first visit and complete a visiting member waiver or standard membership application form with liability waiver.
- Metro/Hartsville members must use their home branch at least 50% of the time. Program discounts do not apply. Participating YMCAs reserve the right to restrict facility or program access.
*Hartsville or Metro members only will receive reciprocity. Because Darlington and Chesterfield rates are discounted, their members will not receive reciprocity. Darlington and Chesterfield members may upgrade to a Metro membership in order to receive reciprocity. This means a Darlington or Chesterfield member must pay a guest pass fee to use one of the other Ys in SC, but a Hartsville or Metro member does not have to pay guest pass fees to use any Y in SC. A Hartsville member will need to be checked in at our branches through the Reciprocity Check-in, but the Metro member will still be able to scan their card at all branches for entry.
For a complete list of participating YMCAs and complete details, visit www.scymcas.org .
List of SC YMCAs www.scymcas.org/finder/ .
Locations: Chesterfield | Darlington | Hartsville | Metro/General |
Reach and Rise Mentoring Program
Reach & Rise Mentoring Program
Our Y is pleased to begin offering the Reach & Rise Mentoring Program. Reach & Rise is a national YMCA program designed to build a better future for youth by helping them reach their full potential through the support of caring adults. Reach & Rise supports youth ages 6 to 17 who lack role models and are in communities challenged by poverty, crime and single-parent households, among other social issues.
Why Be a Mentor?
- Provide youth with a POSITIVE, growth-inducing relationship
- Be a SOLUTION to the problem
- Move youth from risk to RESILIENCY
- Have a DIRECT impact on your local community
- Make a DIFFERENCE in the life of someone in need
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Complete 15+ hours training (provided over 4-5 weeks)
- Pass fingerprint security screening
- Meet with youth 1-3 hours each week (flexible – scheduled by mentor, youth and youth’s family)
- Make a 1 year commitment to the program
> Mentor FAQ
Who does the Program Serve?
- 6-17 year olds who lack role models and are challenged by poverty, single-parent households, and other social issues and who could benefit from a meaningful relationship with an adult. Youth will participate in projects, field trips and other engaging activities.
For more information or to submit an application, please contact Lee Freeman
Phone 843.383.4547 | Fax 843.383.0982
111 East Carolina Avenue Hartsville SC 29550
Locations: Hartsville |
Active Duty Military Discounts for Y Memberships
Full-time active duty military personnel are eligible to receive a 30% discount off Y memberships. The discount applies to any adult-level membership: Single Adult, Married Couple, Single Parent Family, and Family. Must show proof of eligibility by presenting your military ID at the time of enrollment.
Locations: Metro/General |
The YMCA of the Upper Pee Dee offers scholarship assistance for both memberships and program participation. If you are unable to afford the full cost, complete a scholarship application and receive confidential consideration of your situation. Don’t sit on the sidelines… talk to us. We can help.
Locations: Metro/General |